With 24 hours of battery life, the Steelseries Arctis 7 stands up to your most prolonged gaming sessions without stopping and charging.
If your SteelSeries Arctis 7 is not charging, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the charging cable and power source: Ensure that you are using the correct charging cable and that it is securely connected to both the headset and a functioning power source, such as a USB port on your computer or a wall adapter. Try using a different cable or power source to see if the issue is resolved.
- Reset the headset: A simple reset can sometimes fix charging issues. To reset the headset, locate the small reset button on the bottom of the right earcup. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds using a paperclip or similar object. Then, try charging the headset again.
- Check the battery contacts: Inspect the battery contacts on both the headset and the charging cable. Ensure they are clean and free from any debris or corrosion. Clean the contacts with a soft cloth or a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol if necessary.
- Update the firmware: Visit the SteelSeries website and check for any available firmware updates for your Arctis 7 headset. Keeping the firmware up to date can sometimes resolve charging and other performance issues. Follow the instructions provided by SteelSeries to update the firmware.
- Contact SteelSeries support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may indicate a hardware problem. Reach out to SteelSeries customer support for further assistance. Provide them with detailed information about the issue and steps you have already taken to troubleshoot.
Remember, these suggestions are general troubleshooting steps, and the specific solution may vary depending on the cause of the charging problem.