Having the error “ AMD software stopped working ” when updating the video drivers? Sometimes, when playing your favorite game, it suddenly goes black and shows the error ” AMD Radeon application host settings stopped working”. You are not alone, many users have reported that while installing AMD software or their graphics card, they come across a problem where the windows application “AMD Radeon Software has stopped working”.
AMD software fix has stopped working
This problem is mainly related to the AMD driver, where the AMD catalyst control center program for the Radeon graphics card and stops responding due to outdated drivers, conflict application, malware infection virus, or program that is unable to access files necessary for operation, etc. Whatever the reason, here we collect more work and solutions to correct this error applicable in Windows 10, 8, 1, and 7.
First of all, once the system is started it resolves any temporary problem caused, and if the problem causes, during the update, when installing the AMD Radeon controller, it is recommended to perform a boot (which fix, if any application is causing the problem.) and try installing the AMD Radeon driver update.
Install a good antivirus software/malware removal utility and perform a complete system scan to make sure any malicious application viruses do not cause the problem.
Install free third party utility such as Ccleaner to clear the junk from the system cache which includes fixing breaking the registry error, which is very useful in correcting different problems including ” AMD Radeon Software has stopped working “.
Some users recommend disabling the firewall, antivirus protection to help them successfully install AMD Radeon software without any error.
AMD driver update
If you just have your AMD graphics card right out of the box, almost in most cases, your drivers will not be updated to the latest build. In addition, if you have not yet updated the driver, then you should:
- Open the Device Manager (devmgmt.msc)
- Expand video drivers
- Right-click on AMD Radeon and select update driver
- Select to automatically search for driver software, and allow Windows to automatically install the best available AMD Radeon driver for you.
- After you restart Windows, check to see if the problem is gone.
AMD Graphics Drivers clean installation
If you experience problems after trying to update your AMD drivers, as usual, try a “Clean install”.
To perform a “clean install” of AMD graphics drivers:
- First go to the official AMD website “https://www.amd.com/en/support”, and download and save the AMD driver.
- Download and save DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
- Disable All anti-virus / anti-malware
- Delete the contents of the C: / AMD folder from all previous drivers
- Restart SAFETY MODE > run DDU and let it restart the computer.
- Again in safe mode Install the new AMD driver downloaded from AMD from the official website.
Reverting Graphics Drivers
Also, if the drivers do not work for you, you should consider reverting the drivers to an earlier version (which will revert the AMD Radeon driver to an earlier version of the controller.). It is not surprising to know that the latest drivers are sometimes unstable and conflict with the operating system. To do this, you must:
- Press Windows R, type devmgmt.msc, and ok.
- Enter the device manager and expand the display controller
- Right-click on AMD Radeon driver and select properties
- Move to the Driver tab and look at the Driver Rollback option.
Follow the instructions on the screen to revert to the driver who previously installed the software.
Restart Windows and check that there is no longer the error “AMD Radeon host application stopped working on windows 10”
Read More: 11 Best Overclocking Software for Windows
Do these solutions help fix the error when AMD software stopped working on windows 10, 8.1, and 7? let us know in the comments below.